Where to Go For Help.

Vietnam Veterans with questions or concerns about Agent Orange - contact VA's Gulf War/Agent Orange Helpline. The national toll-free telephone number is 800-749-8387. A great deal of information is also available on our new Web Page. It is located at http://www.va.gov/agentorange.

Vietnam Veterans (plus Veterans who served in Korea in 1968 or 1969), and other Veterans who may have been exposed while on military service to Agent Orange or other herbicides elsewhere during the testing, transporting or spraying of herbicides for military purposes and who are concerned about possible long-term health effects of Agent Orange exposure. - contact the nearest VA medical center and request an Agent Orange Registry health examination. More then 300,000 Vietnam Veterans have already participated in this program.

Vietnam Veterans who need medical treatment for conditions that may be related to their exposure to Agent Orange or other herbicides used in Vietnam - contact the nearest VA medical center for eligibility information and possible medical treatment or call the following toll-free telephone number for information about eligibility and enrollment. 1-877-222-8387.

Vietnam Veterans with illnesses that they believe were incurred or aggravated by exposure to Agent Orange or other aspects of military service - contact a VA Veterans services representative at the nearest VA regional office or health care facility and apply for disability compensation. The counselors have information about the wide range of benefit programs administered by VA. The national toll-free number is 1-800-827-1000.

Vietnam Veterans who encounter difficulties at a VA medical center - contact the "patient advocate" or " patient representative" at the facility for assistance in resolving the problem. Ask the medical center telephone operator for the patient advocate or representative.

Vietnam Veterans with children who have spina bifida - contact the VA national toll-free hotline at 1- 888-820-1756, or the nearest VA regional office by calling toll-free: 1-800-827-1000. Additional information on spina bifida is available from
Spina Bifida Association of America
4590 MacArthur Blvd. N.W. Suite 250
Washington, DC 20007-4226
Toll-free telephone: 800-621-3141. Web site: www.sbaa.org.

Representative of Veterans service organizations
The American Legion 1-800-433-3318
Paralyzed Veterans of American 1-800-424-8200
Veterans of Foreign Wars of the United States 1-800- VFW-1899
Disabled American Veterans 1-877-426- 2838
AMVETS 1-877-726-8387
Vietnam Veterans of America 1-800-882-1316
These organizations, and others, have also been helpful to Vietnam Veterans seeking disability compensation. (These organizations are cited as examples. There are many other excellent Veterans service organizations. VA does not endorse or recommend any specific group over another.)

County Veteran Service Officers also have been of great help to many military Veterans, including Vietnam Veterans, seeking benefits they earned through their service to the Nation.